Monday, June 14, 2010

Monday 6/14/10

So had the day off but still got up to exercise with Alisa.  Go me! I then took a shower and did all my laundry all while rewatching some S1 Supernatural.  Join us at http://offcolortv.com/?p=1699 to discuss!

I also read more of my Healthiest Meals cookbook and proceeded to go to Central Market and spend WAY too much money to make crazy food.  Alis came over for dinner so it wasn't just for me.  I made: Wild Mushroom Crusted Sirloin Baby Spinach Salad with Fresh Raspberries and dessert?  Real Food Brownies.

Let's run this down.  Sirloin, OK.  It wasn't fabulous but it was pretty good and if I had remembered to get the green onions so we could have had the reduction sauce?  I bet it would be close to great!

Salad?  Delicious. Crisp and cool on a summer evening.  It was pretty good.  I used feta for the cheese and chopped the almonds myself.  The dressing of raspberry vinegar, Dijon, raspberry jam and agave was excellent and I will be using that recipe again for sure.

Now, the brownies.  Here's what they looked like:

Share photos on twitter with Twitpic

Are you ready for the recipe?

dates
cacao powder (I used chips because I wanted creamier brownies)
macadamia nut oil
agave nectar
garbanzo beans (yes really!)
4 eggs
baking powder and cinnamon

Now that you are totally freaking out, let me tell you how it tasted.  Not bad actually!  Very chocolaty.  I served it with some fresh strawberries and whipped cream.  I don't know if I could actually sit down and eat the whole pan even if my heart was broken but for a light summer dessert?  Good.

Overall, this was an interesting meal and it left us both satisfied and not "full".  Alisa had just done boot camp so she needed to get in a good meal and this was it.

All these recipes are in   Healthiest Meals on Earth: The Surprising, Unbiased Truth About What Meals to Eat and Why

1 comment:

  1. I'm going to try this! Switching the agave (bad bad bad) with raw honey. :oP

    ReplyDelete